Northmill Bank is a pioneering financial institution at the intersection of technology and finance, committed to revolutionizing the way people manage and protect their financial well-being. We are creating a different kind of banking experience, digital yet personal.
Northmill was founded in 2006 and have grown to over 170 employees in 4 countries, 2.500 merchants and 600.000 end users. We use the latest technology to develop safe, smart, and user-friendly products for our customers. They are the sole reason why we do what we do. We are a product company where technology is the driver to create smarter banking products.
Grab this opportunity to be a part of us and our journey!
About the role
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will play a crucial role in strengthening and developing Northmill’s Bank Security process. Your expertise will contribute to smooth operation and security. You will be specifically responsible for:
- Participating in design and development of the banking platform from a security perspective.
- Configuring and maintaining vulnerability management tools.
- Leading security incident response in a cross-functional environment and driving incident resolution.
- Improving monitoring and alerting systems with continued focus on the upkeep and performance of security data points located across the technology platform.
- Contributing to and assisting the penetration testing program.
- Building knowledge of our engineering team on secure development procedures and best practices.
3+ years of commercial experience as a Cyber Security Engineer or in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services and networking concepts.
- Practical knowledge of cloud security best practices.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure as code principles using AWS CloudFormation and AWS CDK.
- Proficiency in writing bash and/or PowerShell scripts.
- Solid experience in working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining vulnerability management tools such as Qualys or Wiz.
- Familiarity with serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon DynamoDB.
- Experience with software engineering best practices, such as code reviews, continuous integration, continuous deployment and testing.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and interest to collaborate and work in a team.
- Good spoken English.
- Stockholm as a place of living & SE citizenship or EES Resident status.
- Experience in monitoring distributed systems.
- Familiarity with business continuity principles.
- Familiarity with web services and web APIs.
- A non-corporate atmosphere full of openness to innovation, improvement, teamwork and data-driven approach.
- Work-life balance: hit the gym two minutes away or go for a jog in the city center.
- Events: annual conference abroad and highly appreciated “Northchill” every month.
- Health: Gym membership as an optional benefit, monthly visits from a massage therapist at the office at an affordable cost or treadmill in one of conference rooms.
- Breakfast and fruits every day, as well as "holy fika” each Friday.
- Regular after work and celebrated successes at the office.
- Stockholm's most beautiful office space that the city has to offer, right in the city center with incredible views and our very own roof top terrace.