We embrace differences. Place of birth, mother tongue, he, she, them — diversity is our greatest asset. Because when we stand together, co-workers and customers, we can take on anything. That’s the power of we.
As a part of the Northmill family you a get a bunch of humble, open-hearted, and open-minded colleauges who have the power to innovate and the ability to get things done. Northmill has always been a place of opportunities where people from various backgrounds can thrive. It is a place where you can be yourself and grow, professionally and personally, and you have the opportunity to influence your own development, career and work situation. I addition to this you will enjoy fun stuff like daily breakfasts, education forums and social events in our brand new office with astonishing view over Stockholm city.
The scope of your role
As Accounting Manager you will play a key role in the central Finance team as your responsibility is to ensure that the accounting processes run according to the accounting instruction in the group companies.
The role involves monitoring financial transactions, keeping the general ledger updated and making sure that accounting is compliant with current national and international accounting standards, rules and regulations. The main goal includes compiling and delivering timely and reliable financial data for internal and external financial reporting purposes.
Your main responsibility areas include:
- Maintenance and development of the monthly-, quarterly and annual reporting templates
- Leading the annual audit process and act as our auditors’ main point of contact
- Ensure financial compliance in the integration of new and redeveloped products, processes and entities by setting documentation and establish a framework for key controls
- Ensure correct VAT & income tax reporting
- Ensure that the monthly closing documentation is complete and performed in the way set out by the Finance Manager
In the monthly closing, your main areas are:
- Branch accounting and consolidation
- Activation and depreciation of internally worked up intangible assets (IT development)
- IFRS 16 accounting (Leasing agreements)
- IFRS 9 accounting (Financial instruments)
As part of the Finance Department, you work closely with the rest of the team members to reach the collective goals of the department. Despite having individual goals, it is important that you think outside the box and come up ways that can help the department as a whole.
To thrive in this role you need to have at least 3-5 years of previous experience in an accounting role within the bank and/or finance industry. We also think that you have a few years of experience of subsidiaries in other countries and arrangements with foreign branches.
As a person you are organized, thorough, critical minded and well-formulated. You are a true team-player and at times, you should be ready to take initiative to instruct colleagues on the finance department’s tasks and processes.
You should have:
- An degree from a university in Economics or Business Administration or equivalent
- A solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning
- Good knowledge of consolidated accounting, branch management as well as tax, VAT and cross-border / transfer pricing.
- Good knowledge of financial regulations in banking, fintech or financial institutions, such as Financial instruments (IFRS 9), Leases (IFRS 16), Lag (1995:1559)
- Strong verbal and written skills in Swedish and great working proficiency and communication in verbal and written English
- Great skills in Excel or similar software.
Our ability to create and nurture a healthy culture and environment is imperative for our continuing development. We know that mixed cross-functional teams make for great results, let us see the greater picture and the world we are all part of. That's why we see diversity and inclusion as an indisputable standpoint. Not a trendy necessity.
Northmill is a bank for everyone. We provide the tools for people to make better financial choices. We have helped more than 200,000 customers and today we have 150 employees across three countries. Northmill Bank AB was founded in 2006 and acts under the supervision of Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority.
Want to know more?
For more information or questions about the role, please contact Finance Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, contact Talent Acquisition Partner email@example.com.
Apply today — and join the Northmill team!
We go through applications and interviews are held continuously, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible, but no later than 9 October 2020.