What's in it for you?
You should choose Northmill if you want to take part in a unique journey that will give you the opportunity to develop yourself and a chance to make a change. If you are the kind of person that dares to get out of your comfort zone and explore, Northmill is perfect for you.
We are looking for a savvy Analytics Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts on our way to becoming industry leaders in data and analytics! In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide array of data-related challenges and interesting technologies. We use Snowflake, DBT, Fivetran, and ThoughtSpot to name a few. Northmill’s next Analytics Engineer will be a key player in enabling the whole organization to make data-driven decisions across multiple business areas. You are a prestigeless team player that enjoys digging through data and crafting compelling visualizations helping key stakeholders understand our data. One could say you are Northmill’s Swiss Army Knife of Data; promoting data literacy whilst simultaneously generating valuable insights.
We strongly believe we are the perfect place for your next career move, right in the sweet spot between a chaotic startup and a boring traditional bank.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that enable actionable insights in both structured and unstructured processes.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work in BI systems to create a foundation for data-driven decisions throughout the organization.
- Work with stakeholders including Executive management, Product, Credit, and Design team to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 1+ years of experience in a Data Analyst/Engineer role or similar.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience from working in a BI tool (Tableau, ThoughtSpot, PowerBI, Looker, or similar).
- Proven track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools.
- A solid foundation in Python.
The main building blocks of our Data platform are:
Other interesting information
We are always striving to implement and use the best tools in the market in order to be more efficient and agile. Therefore we use cutting-edge technology when it comes to the end-to-end data flow.
The team has full ownership of the data platform and the freedom to suggest and choose the best tool/approach to solve data problems.
You will utilize various services to support our data platform and have the opportunity to work alongside data scientists and data analysts on interesting projects. You will also handle a multitude of data pipelines and promote data-driven culture.
Be inspired by what we offer
- Work with experts who are one of the best in Europe! 💪
- We love to celebrate our successes - this year we were in Spain (Alicante) 🇪🇸
- A non-corporate atmosphere full of openness to innovation, improvement, teamwork, and a data-driven approach
- A place full of internal opportunities
- Real influence on company products and culture
- Benefits packet (medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport - and partially founded card for the family)
- Internal conferences/events, training, and celebrations: Northcon, Northchill etc.
Northmill is a tech bank with the vision of simplifying everyone’s financial life. Founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2006, we develop customer-centric and accessible products that help everyone save money and time. Northmill has 200 000 customers and 145 employees, with over 50 percent working with IT, in three countries.